Bluetooth module on STM32F4DISCOVERY

Posted on
  • Hi, anyone made the Bluetooth module(HC-05 like module)working on STM32F4DISCOVERY board ? Espruino is the latest 1v94 version.
    web IDE can connect to the board successful
    but when upload the code(simple on/off led and console.log()) or reset() in the console terminal, it's not responsive with the famous Espruino logo and result.

I have removed the MicroUSB for the normal connection with Mac but just use another USB port to power the board.

I have tried all the UART combinations available on the discovery board but no one working. occasionally the console terminal will response an error message - can't load prompt, upload failed, try to recover.

seems for non-official Espruino board. the feature is disabled(debug wirelessly through Bluetooth, between web IDE and non-official boards).

if wirelessly debugging through Bluetooth can only be supported by official Espruino board, I need try to buy Espruino WiFi and Pico asap :) instead of wasting time on trying Nucleo or Discovery board ...

thanks

• ...buy Espruino WiFi and Pico asap :) instead of wasting time on...

Good idea, even though I have no monetary stakes in it! ...but I know someone who's livelihood makes a smile! ;-)

Switching the console over to Bluetooth may get you there... but I never tried and do not know what other setup is required to get it - console over bluetooth / debug OTA to work...

When you get there, let us know what did the trick...

PS: ...reading conversation about Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA) could be of help...

• With the proper Espruino boards you'll find that is 'just works' :)

The F4Discovery should default to UART 2 for Serial, so A2/A3 I think.

You might be able to force it by connecting with USB and then issuing Serial2.setConsole(1)?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bluetooth module on STM32F4DISCOVERY

Posted by Avatar for hutu @hutu

Actions