• nRF Toolbox to update firmware on iPhone

• Adafruit BlueFruit Connect to find and communicate via Uart on Mac OS X

• LightBlue on iOS to scan for devices, services and characteristics and test basic connect/read/write/notify functionality
  • I use nRF Connect for testing, but Web Bluetooth in Chrome for most programming.

If I'm having issues under Linux (it can still be a bit iffy sometimes) I use npm install espruino-web-ide, run espruino-server, and connect to localhost:8080

Occasionally I use the command-line app too: npm install espruino

• A few of the above, but I've also tried Adafruit Bluefruit Buddy on Mac which does UART and has a minimalist console which worked without any config tweaks out the box (though you wouldn't want to key much to it).

And also eBeacon on iPhone for detecting beacons advertising via Eddystone.

Both available from respective app stores.

• I've used nRF Connect on a Pixi 3 running Android 4.4.2 to update to 1.89.
    I have the command line app running on a Pi 3, I haven't got espruino-server and the IDE running yet.
    I also have an EDIMAX EW-7611ULB on order, which is a dual Wifi and Bluetooth USB dongle.
    There is a guide to installing the driver on a Pi here:
    https://edimax.freshdesk.com/support/sol­utions/articles/14000047172-how-to-insta­ll-ew-7611ulb-adapter-on-raspberry-pi
    Edit: received the dongle, compiled the drivers and set up espruino and espruino-server on a Pi 2 Model B. Everything works.
    2nd edit: This page shows how to compile the bluetooth driver if you have kernel version 4.9.
    https://dawnmist.dreamwidth.org/8231.htm­l

• One other thing - you can enable the BlueFruit app's MQTT mode - then if you use Bluetooth.write(E.getTemperature()+"\n")­ you can push data straight to Adafruit's online dashboard thing.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

please name the tools you use to communicate with Puck.js

Posted by Avatar for MaBe @MaBe

Actions