Schematics ?

Posted on
  • I'm looking for hardware information : I want to drive some motors from my puck.js. (Yes, I know I can't drive them directly off the pins).
    Perhaps also connect i2c or analog devices.

Where can I find schematics, please ?

• Can't help with schematics, but re motors.. @allObjects recently pointed me in the direction of "H-bridge" circuits. It was a good steer.

• Thanks, I'm fine with driving them, it's where to connect them. Are all the pins capable of PWM, analog in etc. ? I suppose I could experiment but I like cold, hard, data :)

re: H-bridges - the large boards used by Arduino projects may be OK, but for the small devices that might get used with the Puck, I want something miniature. I recently came across the L9110S devices from China : typically packaged on a PCB as two full h-bridges at 0.8A for as little as £1 on ebay. Perfect for a little robot.

• ...yes indeed... that's what you can use... it heavily depends on what type of motor you have in mind... stepping or continuously running motors... if you need no reverse on a motor, a plain driving (Darlington) Transistor or MOS FET does it.

• Hi - I'll post schematics up soon, but basically:

The pins (and some pads) on the board are labelled as D0,D1,etc - you can just use that directly in your code, so digitalWrite(D0,1).

I2C/SPI/UART/PWM/OneWire can work in any combination on any pins. The numbers correspond directly to the nRF52's pins, so for more info you can look on the chip datasheet if you need. The actual pin holes on the board mostly support analog in - but try with analogRead - it should complain if they don't.

Right now:

• There is only one hardware PWM exposed - that'll be fixed in a new firmware soon. You can get around it by forcing soft PWM with forceSoft:true at the end of the analogWrite command.
    • UART is fine, but when enabled it has to leave the high speed clock on so drains the battery. Setting both pins to something else will disable it.
    • You have just one I2C and one SPI, but you can use multiple software versions of each on any pins you want. Right now it's not substantially slower
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Schematics ?

Posted by Avatar for artag @artag

Actions