Smart Garden

Posted on
  • I've been working on this project on and off for a few months now. Board has been sent to the dirtypcbs fab house already and I received my parts from digikey. However, I still need to purchase a few ESP12s. anyways.... here is the board pic. Also, board files are attached.

Thanks DrAzzy for the PCB design :-)

Stay tuned for more pictures and a better explanation of my project...

3 Attachments

• Wow, that looks great!

@DrAzzy would it be worth moving the copper area a little further back from the aerial on the ESP12? I'm sure it's fine as-is, but it might just let you get a little more range... or is it intentional?

• Mmm, yeah, might have been better to give it a little more space (if we do a Rev. A, that's trivial to change). Not sure exactly how missed the chance to put more of an opening in the copper there.

In any case, I don't think this poses a problem for functionality, though it might hurt range a bit.

• Quick update. Board status says shipped. I chose the free shipping method so who knows when the boards will arrive.

I will post more pictures and a better description once I assemble a prototype PCB.

With regards to wifi signal range... does the ESP-12E board have a connector for an option to use an external antenna?

• Not the standard 12E. I think there exist ones with the same outline that do, however - I think the ESP-7 does, (that one doesn't have the large flash chip, though)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Smart Garden

Posted by Avatar for d0773d @d0773d

Actions