ad9835

Posted on
  • I found a AD9835 sparkfun breakout board among some other boards and thought it might be interesting to control from Espruino. No need to reinvent the wheel so I ask if anyone already has working code?

• I don't, but looking at the datasheet on Page 15 it looks like it should be pretty straightforward.

Let me know if you need any help - it'd be great to get a module put in for this.

• Thanks for the offer Gordon as I normally have a stupid question or two along the way. It should be simple enough to write the functions needed. The difficult part is for me to find the time.

My plan is to have an Android controlled function generator from 1hz to 25mhz when I am finished.

• Cool - could be a nice project. You know the Espruinos now plug into most Android devices via USB OTG and work?

Actually if you wanted to completely isolate it from the phone, Bluetooth works pretty well :)

• I use Droidscript on Android. Even had a series of posts using it on pcDuino. Those can be found here.http://forum.linksprite.com/index.php?/t­opic/4023-android-experiments/#entry1053­2

Dave is the one who brought Espruino to my attention. Use it often on my Note 3.

• Great! It's really nice to see the two used together - I've met Dave a few times so far, he's a really nice guy.

• I have had many email conversations with Dave and he is indeed a nice guy. DroidScript and Espruino is going to be a fun combination.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

ad9835

Posted by Avatar for cwilt @cwilt

Actions