• Brewbit Model T has a STM32VF205, which appears to have enough memory to run Espruino, but I can't tell whether the CC3000 connections are on the expected pins, mostly because the schematics I'm finding for the official F103 aren't showing how the processor pins map to the Espruino-labeled pins.

I'm interested in using this hardware not least for its Wifi connectivity, but also because it has two temperature probes and will switch two AC ports.

https://github.com/brewbit/model-t-elect­ronics
    http://discourse.brewbit.com/t/model-t-r­esources/17

It connects to the Wifi controller as indicated here:

I figure I'll probably need to recompile the Esprino firmware to support the CC3000 connected this way, which I'm not (yet) familiar with... any hints toward that would be appreciated too.

Then there's flashing Espruino to this hardware, which I suppose is even more fundamental. They provide processor breakouts - seems quite similar to some of the "unofficial" hardware. All suggestions welcome.

R

• I think you'll need to recompile the firmware anyway to make it run on that processor - if you dig through the source related to the CC3k, you'll find the defines for the SPI pins. Gordon made the Wiznet work on any SPI, but I think CC3k is still fixed (there's a lot less interest in the $30 unreliable CC3k due to the $3 ESP8266 which doesn't seem any flakier)

• The CC3000 will work on any pins - it's listed in the reference - all you have to do is supply the right pins when you initialise it. Note the CC3000 usually needs more than 4 pins to work (it needs IRQ and Enable pins too).

However you might have a bigger problem - Espruino doesn't run on any STM32F2 boards at the moment. Actually porting it shouldn't be a big deal given F1, F3 and F4 are supported, but it means it's not going to be totally plain sailing.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Adding Espruino to open-source homebrew controller

Posted by Avatar for RandyHarmon @RandyHarmon

Actions