You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I didn't mean to sound so aggressive there - the issue is that I'm now currently spending more time answering questions about Espruino's source than I am improving Espruino - which IMO is not good for Espruino's KickStarter backers. When I actually do get time to make a change (like drawVectorString) then I have 'bug reports' posted on GitHub and the forums from people who haven't even bothered to check the Changelog or up to date documentation (let alone the source).

Contributions are welcome though, and some really good things are coming out of it - for instance Eyal has already found a few issues and contributed fixes for them.

Personally I'd really love some constructive contributions (bug reports with patches), patches to implement more JS built-in functionality, simple projects with write-ups, etc.

It's just a bit frustrating to be inundated with random bug reports where someone has made no attempt to fix the problem - it's easy to pick holes, and while it's good to document the problems I feel that it's not really helping much at the moment unless the reports come from someone using Espruino properly (rather than just creating contrived cases where it might not work as they expect).

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started