You are reading a single comment by @randunel and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • After compiling the linux version and running some tests locally, when I plugged the Espruino board in, /dev/ttyACM0 did not exist. After several retries, including RESET on Espruino, I noticed there was no output in dmesg. Changed the USB hub, still nothing.

After a PC restart, this is the message I got in dmesg, but only the first time I plug the board in:

[   70.487846] usb 3-2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
    [   70.487912] usb 3-2: Device not responding to set address.
    [   70.691909] usb 3-2: Device not responding to set address.
    [   70.896019] usb 3-2: device not accepting address 5, error -71

Subsequent plugins do not output anything. Does this sound familiar to anyone? (i did not flash the board, other usb devices are working)

Later edit: I added usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 to grub init, same thing, no dmesg output when plugging in. The cable works, tested with my phone.

Later later edit: I tested with the Espruino board I got for a friend and it works :( So I guess mine is bricked ... somehow... no messages are output by dmesg anymore, not even after restart(s). I remember the red led flashing for a fraction of a second (very short time) when I plugged it in and I noticed it wasn't working.

About

Avatar for randunel @randunel started