small issue with drawString

Posted on
  • Gordon, there seems to be an issue with the drawString() method, or the PCD8544 module. When you draw ( it displays ) and vice versa. Easy fix though :).

• Hi, I'm not sure I understand the problem... can you give me an example (and what happens when you run it?)

• If you type drawString(":)") the display will show :( and similarly if you type drawString(":(") the display will show :).

• Aha! Sorry, I just thought you were writing 'it displays' in brackets :)

Must be the font I've used. Can you try running setFontVector(40) and check it doesn't happen there?

• I'm actually considering replacing the 8x8 font with a 3x5 or similar - it's probably more useful and it'll free a few kb of flash

• I will try to scale the font and see if it happens again. I wouldn't mind a 3x5 font though. Especially when scaled the current font is very heavy and takes up a lot of space. Since both flash and screen space are precious commodities, I wouldn't mind a font that it a bit leaner.

• Yes, the vector font is meant for much bigger text - like temperature displays. I just need to find a smaller font somewhere that's got a licence that means it can be used in Espruino - or I guess I/someone else could contribute one.

I just added a GitHub issue for it: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/192

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

small issue with drawString

Posted by Avatar for Kim @Kim

Actions