Project 2 out of memory

Posted on
  • I just got a HY-MiniSTM32V and when I try to copy the code in PROJECT 2 - TOUCHSCREEN RGB LIGHT CONTROLLER I always run out of memory before I've even copied half the code onto the controller.

I'm using the Chrome addon to get the code onto the controller.

Any help would be very much appreciated since doing projects like this was basically why I got the controller in the first place and I would hate to have wasted my money.

Edit: calling memory() after resetting returns:

{"free":230,"usage":24,"total":254,"hist­ory":0,"stackEndAddress":536877500}

• Hi - which screen size board do you have?

I've just noticed something a bit odd with the 3.2" binaries - it does seem like they're using far less of their memory than expected for some reason. If that is the case then I'll have a look at recompiling a newer version for you with that fixed.

• Wow, thanks Gordon, I didn't expect a reply so soon. Yes I do indeed have the 3.2 sorry about not including that.

Yes this is much better memory() now returns the following:
    {"free":977,"usage":23,"total":1000,"his­tory":0,"stackEndAddress":536893680}

After loading the code in Project 2 memory() returns:
    {"free":463,"usage":537,"total":1000,"hi­story":55,"stackEndAddress":536893680}

And everything works.

One (well two really) final question if you don't mind, I see in the video your 3.2 has headers on the top edge and something I don't recognize poking out from under the screen on the bottom edge.
    Did you solder those headers on yourself and what is that thing poking out from under the screen?

Finally thanks so much for your help.

Edit: one more question, let's say I might have inadvertently connected 5v to PB14(PD14) on the 3.2 would I have done some damage?

• Great! There's actually twice that amount of memory available on there too, but at the moment I'm having issues keeping the code size down - so any more memory and you can't save :(

On the video, I just soldered headers on. They're cheap to buy, and it makes hacking stuff up easier as you can just plug and unplug wires. Also, at the bottom I'd soldered on a Bluetooth module (HC-05) so it could be controlled (or could send data wirelessly).

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Project 2 out of memory

Posted by Avatar for user6196 @user6196

Actions