• but the latest version modified it into a comma at bottom....

Ok, so I think you're on the latest Gadgetbridge, that's good, and should mean that you no longer have messages that won't show on the Bangle. Now you need to update your Bangle.js firmware to a cutting edge build.

As an aside, I've been looking into storing the full Chinese fonts on the Bangle using the PBF font format that's been supported for a few versions now. However it seems the font format itself, while designed for Unicode, wasn't designed for Chinese unicode usage. It can only store around 10,000 characters maximum inside it before overflowing the indices in the file format.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1366­068/whats-the-complete-range-for-chinese­-characters-in-unicode would seem to imply that there are 90,000 characters in full, with around 20,000 that we have to support (even though that also supports Japanese and Korean in the same set of chars).

Do you believe that really is the case? If it's possible to get down under 10,000 chars then I can use the current PBF file format with current firmware, otherwise I'll have to make some custom changes to the file format and update the Bangle.js firmware to get it working

• isn't i am already on the "edge" version of 2v19?
    i mean i am on (commit cfbc4040d)<-- this appear in the "about" app.

About

Avatar for ccchan @ccchan started