You are reading a single comment by @adjtm and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I got my Bangle.js 2 today, and the first thing I did was to head to the app loader to do a firmware update, and set the time.

The Bluetooth connection seems to be very unreliable. I have the device paired, at least it shows that way in the app loader popup, and the button top right shows "Disconnect", implying it's got a connection.

However clicking on the hamburger to configure and upload either produces a popup warning me that this is only good on the Bangle.js 2, never mind that I already told the web page that I have a Bangle.js 2, or it just turns into a spinning icon that spins forever and does nothing.

I'm getting the same results in both Chrome and Edge, so it's not a browser issue.

Before you ask, Bluetooth is turned on and working on both the computer and the Bangle.js 2. I can see both my computer and the Bangle.js 2 advertising when I scan for devices on my phone. Plus the app loader page does show a "Disconnect" button, and the fact that it's paired with the watch, so everything should be working.

• Are you talking about connecting to the Espruino IDE or to the app repository? Have you tried connecting to a smartphone? The connection to the app repository is very reliable for me with several android devices.

I know that in many USB3 wifi dongles BT is disabled, even if the chipset inside supports it, and for many dongles that don't disable it the connection is very unreliable. It seems that designing the circuit so USB3 and BT don't affect the other is quite tricky (for the frequencies that USB2 uses there is no problem).

Also, I don't know how good the BLE support is with BT devices in computers. Is that the reason why many BT mouses have their own usb dongle?

About