• Hey everyone,
    I just got my Bangle.js 2 and was trying to develop a simple app that would advertise my heart rate as a GATT Service (for connection to the browser over Bluetooth Web API). I was trying a few pieces of code in the Espruino IDE. At some point the IDE have me an error: Uncaught Error: ERR 0x12 (CONN_COUNT) (:2550) - it seemed that there were many connections established with Bangle.js. I couldn't find any open connections so I ran NRF.disconnect(); from the IDE, which also disconnected the IDE itself.

After doing this, I cannot seem to connect to IDE at all. When I select my bangle, the IDE shows this error: Connection Failed: NetworkError: Bluetooth Device is no longer in range.

More importantly, when I try to connect to the App Loader to reinstall the default apps, once I select my bangle, my macOS prompts a window: Connection Request from Bangle.js b15a. Please enter a passcode shown on remote Bluetooth device. I didn't think Bangle.js 2 had this feature at all and actually the passcode is never shown on the watch.

The watch is programmable and BLE is enabled.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? I have tried rebooting my watch but I continue to run into this problem.

Thank you so much in advance!

2 Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.13.39.png
    • Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.02.48.png
  • I was able to connect after a full factory reset but I'd be grateful if anyone could explain why something like this might happen? Thanks!

• There is a passcode option in settings - I think if you just tap on it in settings and then go back, that's enough to enable it (the default is 123456) - so that could most likely be the problem?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js 2 connection passcode request after NRF.disconnect();

Posted by Avatar for user155593 @user155593

Actions