You are reading a single comment by @adjtm and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • First of all, bangle.js 2's hardware is good enough for me, so while there is availability of it and no interest from Gordon's side in a new model, I'm very happy with it. In my opinion software support and quality apps are more important that a new model. Nonetheless I'm going to give my preferences, more or less in this order, for a future model:

• Good BT LE like bangle.js 2 is a must.
    • Good battery life at least as good as bangle.js 2.
    • I'd like more buttons of better quality (better if recessed for fewer unintended pushes).
    • Very good sensors (GPS, HR, accelerometer, gyro...). Barometer is not that important for me.
    • Water resistance for swimming would be ideal.
    • The screen quality of bangle.js 2 is very good (transflective), but having more screen percentage of the total surface would be great (less bezel, smaller watch or bigger display).
    • Not glued case, so it would be easier to open it without damage for repairs. Better with user replaceable battery.
    • Sturdier case.
    • Thinner is always good for a watch.
    • Rectangular is better than round, more comfortable and easier to make the most of the display.
    • USB-C for charging and even for data would be much better. I know that USB-C would be difficult and it would take a lot of internal space and be detrimental to the overall size and thickness of the watch.

Did I said that free software is the most important thing for me and the reason I chose bangle.js 2?

About