• I just added the option to force the recorder in the dev app loader:

WIDGETS["recorder"].setRecording(true, {force:"new"/"append"/"overwrite")

What I'd like is a new row

Yes, that'd work - you could just expose writeLog - potentially even just with the option to append extra text to the end of the log line?

Run is using exstats and Recorder is getting it's own data without it

Exactly, yes. But if you add extra options (like Laps) to exstats then every app that uses exstats gets to use them, which is quite nice. And also anything anyone else adds later magically appears in your app too.

I was initially thinking about rewriting a widget from scratch

Please don't! The idea behind recorder was to stop everyone writing their own data logger, so hopefully it won't take much to make it flexible enough for you

Does exstats have the option to get the HR data from BT?

No, but it could... Although the original idea was the BTHRM overrode the built-in HRM (@halemmerich I think it still does by default?) so when it's active what you're seeing in exstats is the BT HRM, but then when you go to recorder, you then have extra options to record BT HR (which is loads of extra data) and HR int which is the internal HRM (in addition to normal HRM which is the BT one!).

asking Recorder to create a new recording or appending to a previous one

Ok, great. Well, I think that should be easier now - and by default the Run app will now ask if you want to resume the run - and if you do, it'll automatically append.

• Yes, default mode of BTHRM replaces internal HRM sensor and the events are usable in all apps without modifications.

About

Avatar for halemmerich @halemmerich started