• Does mode: "updown" or the call to Bangle.musicControl trigger the buzzing, and could that be the trigger for the buzz module deferred calls?

It shouldn't, no - however if gadgetbridge sent something in response, that could potentially cause a buzz.

So maybe it's sending updates every second when the music is playing showing the current play position, and then somewhere along the line something responds to that when it shouldn't.

It's one of the reasons I gave you that code to run - it would have shown you when and where the buzzing was coming from

But please remove Fastload utils. By making apps fast load that were never designed for it, it's likely leaving all kinds of stuff running in the background, which might cause all kinds of problems, which will only show themselves when you've launched certain apps at some point in the past

• It shouldn't, no - however if gadgetbridge sent something in response, that could potentially cause a buzz.

So maybe it's sending updates every second when the music is playing showing the current play position, and then somewhere along the line something responds to that when it shouldn't.

It's one of the reasons I gave you that code to run - it would have shown you when and where the buzzing was coming from

I ran that and tried some behaviour that buzzes on Podcast Addict Remote (up/down swipes to change volume) to see if it triggered it. But now I look at it a little closer I don't think that is what it would catch.

I have now uploaded the buzz module to a file on the watch, named it "buzz". Going to start logging on the watch via 'Settings'->'Utils'->'Debug'.

You said earlier:

@Ganblejs Any chance you could connect with the IDE and paste this on the left hand side:

require("Storage").write("buzzdebug.boot­.js",'require("buzz").pattern=p=>{throw new Error(`buzz! ${p}`)}');

And then maybe leave it connected to the Web IDE?

Which I can do, but that way there's no way to track if the problem stems from the communication with gadgetbridge? But I think that is solved if I enable logging on the bangle and connect to gadgetbridge instead, right?

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started