• I've had similar problems (empty in a day) and have seen something in the trace logs. Do you have GPS via Gadgetbridge activated on your watch?
    agpsdata turns on GPS for updates and I could not find it being turned off again in my log. I suspect this behaviour happens in combination with the workaround for Serial1-communication from the GadgetBridge GPS-handling code. So in the end the internal GPS gets switched on and only switched off if somehow a reload is triggered. This would explain why this happens only sometimes and not all the time. It would empty the Bangle if agpsdata pulls new data AND then no reload happens for long enough to eat a sizeable chunk of the battery.

Your problem with the buzzing code is a bit strange, but even if the CPU ran full tilt for the 6h it would consume under 30mAh or around 15% of the battery charge. Actual buzzing would probably need more power, but you said it wasn't actually buzzing a lot.

• Do you have GPS via Gadgetbridge activated on your watch?

Yes, I've enabled that in 'Bangle.js Gadgetbridge' (I think I'm still running my version with some changes that are still waiting to be merged over at GB's repo on codeberg, with bumped android api version and some changes to permission handling).

So in the end the internal GPS gets switched on and only switched off if somehow a reload is triggered.

Would this show up in Power Managers HW log? I didn't see an entry for gps in my log.

you said it wasn't actually buzzing a lot.

I don't believe so at least since it didn't wake me up.

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started