You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So the question is, could somehow leaking currents or something like that have triggered the charging event without having a charger present? Has anybody seen something like this?

I guess it's possible, but unlikely - but if that were the case surely if powermanager recalibrates it should only do so after the battery has been on charge for at least an hour or so?

• Yes, it only calibrates after 3 hours if it has seen a charging start and a charging stop event. Deliberately so to prevent setting the calibration too often. Maybe just starting a 3 hour timeout on charging start (event or even boot) would be better?
    As for it being unlikely, I have seen it exactly once where I am sure that this has happened. The other times have been values much closer to correct ones. Those could have been caused by charging in cold environment or differing charger voltages or something like that.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started