You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Jean-Philippe_Rey that's great! Thanks for trying it out.

I scanned QR code, opened browser on phone, connected to some BLE espruino device. It immediately disconnected and prints that is device is now paired device list.

Ok, that's good - that is what it's meant to do.

... but when you open the page on the phone, the IDE should immediately close that popup and open the 'port selector' dialog. So the fact it's not working is I guess because something somewhere isn't making the WebRTC connection.

Any chance of a screenshot of the Samsung browser right after you opened the webpage?

Right at the top, mine says:

Bridge's Peer ID: 6e48f242-d915-4ca4-9465-1b5609d13822
    Connected to: c8331ebf-abcf-4286-9bac-b18dbb3053c1

But if yours doesn't say that for some reason WebRTC isn't working - if we could find out why (maybe plug your phone into the PC and do chrome://inspect/#devices on desktop) then at least we could put a warning in the remote window.

You said "if you left an old Android phone at home you can then connect to any of your Espruino devices from anywhere in the world." - how that is supposed to work when the phone goes idle and turn screen off? Can I reconnect is such state?

Probably not, but if you enable developer mode in Android settings (tap on the Android Version button 8 times or something like that?) then you get a developer menu, and in that menu there's an option Don't sleep while charging so you can just turn that on, leave it on charge and you're good.

Gadgetbridge connections

@HughB I think you requested this?

Connections from Gadgetbridge are now live! In Gadgetbridge, go to the App Loader (3x3 squares icon below the device name) then tap More... and Web IDE Remote.

You'll get a Peer ID shown, which you need to highlight, share, email to yourself, and then paste into the Settings page on https://espruino.github.io/EspruinoWebID­E/ - and voila - it'll work!

It's active as long as the App Loader page is still visible on the screen, but doing anything to share the Peer ID from Android will likely make the App Loader page disappear so you'll have to click through to start it and enable Remote Access again (the Peer ID should be the same each time).

Also...

The Web IDE now has multiple tabs (for different files). Hopefully this will work ok, but let me know (or even better help with a fix!) if there are issues.

• Bridge's Peer ID: 6e48f242-d915-4ca4-9465-1b5609d13822
    Connected to: c8331ebf-abcf-4286-9bac-b18dbb3053c1

Mine doesn't have this "Connected to:" line at all, no error message. Only the "Bridge's Peer ID" line is there.

But if yours doesn't say that for some reason WebRTC isn't working - if we could find out why (maybe plug your phone into the PC and do chrome://inspect/#devices on desktop) then at least we could put a warning in the remote window.

Here it is

1 Attachment

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 154508.png
About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started