Wind speed not showing in weather app

Posted on
  • Everything else shows up correctly except the wind speed, which is always showing "0" even when the QuickWeather app on my phone shows the correct value. I tried looking through the weather app code, but I'm guessing it's going to be a gadgetbtidge issue.

I'm running Android 12 and using the play store version of gadgetbridge.

Does anyone else have this issue?

1 Attachment

• Screenshot_2023-05-01-01-24-23-35_da4ff4faf30985fdad064057d40d1a09~2.jpg
  • Using the Weather Notification app, wind speed shows up ok.
    Using QuickWeather, the wind speed is set to 0.

So it looks to be an issue with the QuickWeather<->GadgetBridge connection.

(Thanks for posting this, I didn't know about QuickWeather, and it looks pretty neat)

• Thanks for testing that out.

I'll try to dig around in the gadgetbridge code some more to find out why, but I'm not very experienced and don't really know where to look.

The docs for Weather says there are two compatible Android weather apps (Tiny Weather Forecast Germany and QuickWeather), are you using something different?

I do prefer QuickWeather because it does have a really nice and clean UI and the radar in fullscreen looks fantastic.

• I'm using Weather Notification myself (It's briefly mentioned at the bottom of the app readme), but wouldn't recommend it.
    (In 2020 it still looked maintained, and QuickWeather wasn't an option. Guess I'm just lucky that it kept working for me.)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Wind speed not showing in weather app

Posted by Avatar for stweedo @stweedo

Actions