Have I made a mistake by downgrading DFU?

Posted on
  • Hi,

I got warnings that my firmware was old, and I tried to install the new one.
    After I went to the app store, I did the same as tutorial. I opened the Firmware Update app and followed the rest of instruction.

One additional thing I did and I guess it was a mistake is that I also paid attention to another message which is:
    "If you have an early (KickStarter or developer) Bangle.js device and still have the old 2v10.x DFU, the Firmware Update will fail with a message about the DFU version. If so, please click here to update to DFU 2v12 and then click the 'Upload' button that appears."

Since I had no idea whether mine is or is not, I decided to follow the second instruction as well.

I remember before doing this step, the following info:
    "Your current firmware version is 2v17.54 and DFU is 2v12"
    was:
    "Your current firmware version is 2v16 and DFU is 2v16"

Now I have downgraded the DFU, and I don't know what to do.

Could you please inform me what is the difference between these two versions, and how can I update it again?

Thank you.

1 Attachment

• Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 1.23.13.png
  • Well, ideally you wouldn't have changed it, but it's not a big problem. I've just checked to be sure and there were no code differences between DFU in 2v12 and 2v17 so it won't have changed anything at all apart from what it says at boot time (DFU 2V12 vs DFU 2V17).

'Firmware Update' tool does tell you what your current DFU firmware version is, but I'll put a change in now to ensure that it doesn't allow you to update the bootloader if yours is already at 2v12 or above, so others don't get caught out by this.

• Thank you for reply, Gordon.

Last time I updated the firmware, it was easily done by the website, and the update button was besides the Firmware app. However, this time, I had to do it manually as it was instructed. Is there any reason?

Was is supposed to be done automatically in the app store? or was it manually for everyone?

• I'm not quite sure I understand what happened - do you have a picture?

You should just be able to update from the App Loader by clicking the 'hamburger' button next to this:

1 Attachment

• Screenshot at 2023-04-28 10-02-38.png
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Have I made a mistake by downgrading DFU?

Posted by Avatar for user155299 @user155299

Actions