App ideas - free of charge

Posted on
Page
of 3
Prev
/ 3
Next
  • Make it that any (some) messages come in the form of pictures, not text.

SMS in Japanese should gradually appear as pictures on the B.js watch screen.

Does it not already do that? You just have to enable "Text as Bitmaps" in the options.

• Looked for settings but couldn't find it. Can you please tell me where these options are in more detail?

• They're in Gadgetbridge itself - click the settings icon on the device's tab.

It should all be documented in http://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge#ext­ra-setup

• Aha, here's the point 🤔 :) Unfortunately, I can't use this feature because I have iOS.

In theory, is it possible to convert messages as images at the watch level?

• In theory, is it possible to convert messages as images at the watch level?

Well, effectively that is what the Bangle is already doing, it just doesn't have characters in the font for everything.

In the iOS Integration app there is actually a lookup table of common characters that aren't in the font, and what to convert them to. So more characters can be put in there, and the conversion itself can be a bitmap (just prefix it with char code 0).

But if you're asking whether we can put the whole of unicode into the Bangle, probably not. There are 150,000 characters so that's just too much storage needed.

If we had a list of characters that were commonly used, we could maybe add the top 200 or so and create a script to store images for just those in the Bangle though.

• New Idea:

• I just recently saw an old video on the Pebble Time

and thought the timeline interface was nice (illustrated following 2:44 in the video). Having a watch face that emulated that behavior to some degree could be cool. But it would be a lot of work putting it together :P
  • A timeline based UI with events from several sources (like Agenda) would be great!

• I personally like using the "event" option for one-time reminders, and I delete them after. I'm thinking that adding a delete after expiration option just like the timers have would be a good idea, and I'm willing to attempt to implement it. To avoid duplicating work, is anyone else already doing that?

• I'm not doing that! ;)

Maybe adding buttons when the event is triggered "Done!", which deletes the event, and "Postpone", which snoozes the event for an hour makes sense? Then it's easy to get rid of it directly if you want to, or still there if you need it again.

(Sorry for breaking my own rule about doing dev talk elsewhere. Although I guess conceptual discussion in here makes sense :P)

• I like the idea of deciding to delete the event or not when it occurs. We already have buttons "Snooze" and "Stop", maybe just adding a third button "Del", left of "Snooze", would do the job?

• Hey, a small feature idea: could the clock adjust widget keep track of whenever system time is corrected by GPS (auto) time and by how much to find out the current drift value more precisely than manually?

• Yes, that should be a pretty trivial thing to add if someone wanted to give it a go!

• I'm thinking about maybe doing a version of Tag Launcher based on Desktop Launcher. It could be introduced in one of three ways: as an update to Tag Launcher, as an option in Desktop Launcher or as a new app. Personally I lean towards an update to Tag Launcher.

UI:

• Similar to Tag Launcher apps would be sorted in groups based on tags.
    • Switching between tag groups would be done by left/right swipes.
    • Navigating pages inside a tag group would be done with up/down swipes.
    • The Desktop Launchers indicator dots on the left would be replaced by the name of the tag group.
    • There would be an extra "favorites" tag for the apps used most often, chosen by user in settings.

Settings:

• Choose favorite apps.
    • Add custom tag groups, akin to the "favorite" one?
    • Set the order of tag groups.
    • Possibility to hide apps from a tag group.
    • Possibility to hide a tag group all together.
    • Set which of left/right swipe goes forward/backward through the tag groups.

Feedback very welcome. Also if someone else want to do this before I get to it, as always please go ahead!

I'll leave an EDIT here if I start working on it.

@jeffmer @nxdefiant @user140377

• I think it would be a nice extension to consider tag groups as folder icons in the the desktop metaphor as you suggest. Entirely up to you as to which app you base it on.

• Ah, that could be cool yes. Thanks!

• I'm not sure if I fully understand that. In taglauncher you first go to the category view and only after selecting a category it will show apps, would that change?

• Ok, so the main differences from the current Tag Launcher would be:

• Like Desktop Launcher the base UI are the pages containing 4 apps in a grid pattern. Navigating between these is done on swipes instead of with a dragable scroller.
    • Instead of the inital category view in a vertical dragable scroller, moving between categories would be done horizontally by left/right swipes.
    • Navigating inside a category would be done vertically similar to the current Tag Launcher. But, again, on swipes and not with dragable scroller.

What I really like about Desktop Launcher is that it's easy to hit one of the four apps on a page. They are always in the same place and are large enough as to it not being easy to accidentally press the wrong one.

• ok I think Desktop Launcher is closer to this from the appearance.

• App idea:

I think there is no "womens health calendar".
    Not sure if anybody woukd want or use thus but thinking about it I had tge idea of a "general graphical markup calendar" where mark days in colors of varying shades.

The meaning and colors are totally up to you and its all wordless.

You could even allow for different colors that mix, though you can have many schades on the Bangle to you could still have enoght to be usefull, and tge quantisation may eve n be a bonus here.

Then the second idea is to pool the anonymiously, and share the result.

You could, of course, do this with other dara too.

I wonder what patterns energe abd if there are waves spreading in geolocation and tgat sort if thing.

A similar idea to the calender is a simple counter app, where you can count things.
    Any things. Maybe cigarettes if you smoke, traffic at a crossing, what ever.
    Per day, oer hour, per minute, per month, etc.

• Thanks! Good idea having a simple color-based calendar... Actually now I think about it, you could actually make it change the color theme of your Bangle depending on the day, so you had a super simple way of being notified without having to go into a calendar app (eg the background is light green so I have to put the bins out today).

Counting would be neat too - maybe a swipe or something on the screen (from the clock) could log one count?

• FYI: I'm currently planning to add holiday support to calendar . This basically will mark dates from calendar.holiday.json in the same color as weekends.

• I had an app idea that i wanted to put out - don't think its available yet at least I didn't find anything 100% matching.

When going on hiking its a nice datapoint to know the total height one has managed to overcome that day.
    So basically counting all up and down differences and build a grand total (or two in that case).
    It probably would need to make use of the step counter too, to ensure that atmospheric changes are not interpreted as height gained/lost.

This could be a stand alone app or part of the activities in health tracking.

(p.s. I don't really need it as I don't hike enough but wanted to present nevertheless since I think ppl might be interested in it:))

• @Rand__ yes, that sounds like a really nice idea!

I wonder if it makes sense as a clock_info, but I guess it would be a nice thing to be able to store even on a daily basis (especially if you lived somewhere hilly :)

• Potentially even aggregated over multiple days for a longer excursion...

• https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/?i­d=gpstrek tries to do this using the barometer, but i needs some work on filtering. Currently the values for up and down are to high.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

App ideas - free of charge

Posted by Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs

Actions