You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon have you experienced this problem

No, I haven't - but I do tend to just use the built-in Nordic UART for sending large amounts of data from devices.

NRF.updateServices does not work reliably to send notifications, sometimes nothing is sent.

I could understand it maybe failing if you're calling it repeatedly, but are you saying it fails on the first call sometimes? Maybe you're also sending a bunch of stuff on the Nordic UART at the same time?

But as you say it seems like we probably shouldn't be ignoring errors from that function - that code looks to be very old (6+ years) so I'm not entirely sure the reasoning behind it being there in the first place.

@fanoush maybe you could do a PR?

• could understand it maybe failing if you're calling it repeatedly, but are you saying it fails on the first call sometimes? Maybe you're also sending a bunch of stuff on the Nordic UART at the same time?

yes, that is what I've seen in post #12 with 52840 dongle, first line is "STORAGE":393216,"SE and I think I had console over internal USB at that time. But could be in theory that the PC lost it even if it was sent. I had no changes there yet so it did not threw exception on Espruino side so I can't say for sure. will try again if I see it again.

But as you say it seems like we probably shouldn't be ignoring errors from that function - that code looks to be very old (6+ years) so I'm not entirely sure the reasoning behind it being there in the first place.

Maybe if you are updating more stuff at once, not just one value, then it would not continue with another value but still I'd better throw exception, caller can do more granular approach.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started