New Feature: answer incoming messages

Posted on
  • Hi everyone,
    I just got the Bangle.js 2 about a week ago and I think it is an awesome project, thanks everybody for your work! Great HW, I like especially the always on screen.

I was although wondering if it would be possible to add a function that lets you directly answer or react to messages in the message UI, e.g. with predefined text like „OK“, „see you“ or a thumb up. Does anyone know if this is feasible with the used ANCS BLE service, or maybe with an additional service?

Thanks in advance for your answer
    Vinz

• Hi,

Do you have iOS then?

I'm afraid as far as I know it is not possible with ANCS - you'd need a companion app for iOS, and even that could potentially be tricky as Apple does lock things down quite hard.

On Android the situation is a bit different though - you can send a {t:"notify",id:1234,n:"reply",msg:"..."}­ message and Gadgetbridge should reply. However it's not something that is currently implemented in the Bangle and I'm not sure how well it's been tested on Gadgetbridge itself.

• Hi Gordon,

thanks for your reply! Yes I am using iOS.

Thank you for the hint on Gadgetbridge, would be great if that will work for Android at least

• I like the idea, it is simple but effective.
    Just a preset/custom list of answers so, the sender is aware that you have read it and agree or not.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New Feature: answer incoming messages

Posted by Avatar for VinSta @VinSta

Actions