• @fanoush thanks for your reply. I guess my concern is that both the audio receiver and the MDBT42Q are contained within the same enclosure, so having a user connect to both seems like bad UX.

I think you’ve pretty much reached where I ended up. BLE audio isn’t sufficient, audio receiver would need to handle the audio portion. That part works out of the box, it’s really just the external control that becomes the blocker.

It seems like an order of operations issue, ie: if I connect to the receiver first, can I then power on the MDBT42Q and immediately have it connect to whatever phone the receiver is connected to? Likely no, seems like a leap to think the receiver would have that connection available to poach the MAC address of the phone.

But you’re saying if the receiver can handle BLE, then I may be able to do something like that? ie: pass commands through the receiver to the master phone?

• But you’re saying if the receiver can handle BLE, then I may be able to do something like that? ie: pass commands through the receiver to the master phone?

Well, I just pointed at technical limitations that makes your idea complicated/impossible. If the bluetooth receiver would be something custom made by you based on e.g. ESP32 then it is doable as it can do both BLE and classic bluetooth. But still it is complicated both technically and IMO also conceptually.

I don't see anything wrong with the idea that device with buttons connects to the phone, because it needs to control some app on the the phone (like keyboard, mouse or finger does). And if phone outputs audio over bluetooth then so be it. If the phone is in the center of all that then I see nothing wrong that both devices are connected to the phone.

For 'better UX' maybe you could remove some part out of it to make is simpler - phone or MDBT42Q or both. Or keep just the phone.

About

Avatar for Zinke89 @Zinke89 started