You are reading a single comment by @myxor and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • What happens if you do a factory reset (you can backup first), then install just the GPS info app and nothing else?

It might not be a surprise that this coincides with the GPS functionality being added to Gadgetbridge/Android.

Yesterday and today i tried again 20+ minutes under clear sky but not a single GPS/GNS event coming in while having GPS Info app opened.

Are you trying to figure this out based on the packets received measurement you added to GPS Info?

Because I just tried this and I'm not sure what it's measuring but I'm constantly getting packets from the GPS based on Bangle.on('GPS',print) (just without a fix) but they are not being counted on GPS Info at all.

• Are you trying to figure this out based on the packets received measurement you added to GPS Info?

Because I just tried this and I'm not sure what it's measuring but I'm constantly getting packets from the GPS based on Bangle.on('GPS',print) (just without a fix) but they are not being counted on GPS Info at all.

You are right, there is a bug in the code of GPS Info which i will fix soon.
    But even if i have the following code running for several hours under clear sky i don't see any output in the IDE:

Bangle.setGPSPower(1, "app");
    Bangle.on('GPS',print);

What happens if you do a factory reset (you can backup first), then install just the GPS info app and nothing else?

I will try this in the coming days and will report back here.

About