• Hi!

I remember seing José Rebelo, one of the maintainers over at Gadgetbridge, say in the GB Matrix channel he considered buying a Bangle.js 2 so that he could help with stuff.

I don't know if he has bought one since, but if not I believe it could be beneficial for us with Bangles if he had one. From what I've seen he's very helpful on many issues/PRs, and spends a lot of time getting mainly new Xiaomi brand products to jam with GB. He, among @Gordon and others, helped me extend the capability of Bangles to initiate intents on android.

So I propose some of us help finance a watch to send to José.

I'm ready to contribute £10 of the £76.80+shipping required.

I don't have a way of organizing the logistics of paying in mind, please suggest some solution.

• Well, count me in!

• I'm in as well !

• That's great - thanks! Have you had a chat with him to see if he's up for it?

Since it's something that's hopefully going to be for the good of Bangle.js, I could see if we've got a return that's basically fine but that we can't sell as new. If we've got £30 already then I'd be happy to send him one for that.

• I could see if we've got a return that's basically fine but that we can't sell as new. If we've got £30 already then I'd be happy to send him one for that.

That would be awesome :)

That's great - thanks! Have you had a chat with him to see if he's up for it?

Not yet no, but when we know either you have a suitable returned device or if we get some more contributors I'll contact him and see what he says. Or would you want to talk to him about it instead? :)

EDIT: Used 'hit them up' wrong.

• Not yet no, but when we know either you have an suitable returned device or if we get some more contributors I'll hit him up and see what he says

well you can just point him to this discussion now

• I had a chat with José and he's up for it :)

@Serj, @Jean-Philippe_Rey, @Gordon, are you still in on this? :)

• Count on me for £10.

• Yep, I'm in =)

• Great! Please can you get him to send an email to contact@espruino.com with his address and this thread's URL and I'll get a Bangle out to him?

I've seen he's been pretty active on Bangle.js issues on Gadgetbridge recently - no need to have contributions from you guys, I'll send him one for free. Seems more than fair given the amount we depend on Gadgetbridge :)

• I forwarded the message :)

• Well, I just had to create an account to thank all of you for the support. Got the Bangle a couple of days ago, and it's quite weird to not have to reverse engineer a device for a change :p

Still wrapping my head around how it works, but I'll probably start by implementing a couple of features here and there that GB already has the infrastructure for, just not on the Bangle.

• Welcome to the forum and thanks for all the help and advice you've provided when I tried adding stuff to Gadgetbridge 🙂

• Superb! and welcome!

and it's quite weird to not have to reverse engineer a device for a change

bah, but that's half the fun. 😉

• Thanks! I look forward to it ;)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About