Extra Battery for BangleJs2

Posted on
  • Has anyone thought about an extra slim battery pack that can be attached under a Bangle.js 2 and connects to its charge pins? Usage would be some extra battery life, e.g. with GPS enabled.

This brings me to a question: The nominal voltage is obviously 5V, but what is the permitted input voltage range?

• I hadn't considered it, but it would definitely be possible. I'm afraid I'm not sure about the input voltage specs, but I will try and find out.

5.5v and under I'd feel very confident with, but above that could cause damage. Anything under 4.5v is unlikely to fully charge the battery, but even 4v may work and charge the battery to ~50%.

I've got a Bangle.js here that I've just wired a small 6v solar panel onto and that works great - but of course the solar panel is never likely to actually reach the full 6v because there'll always be enough power drawn from it

There are some 'mini power banks' and you could probably just use one of those and add some pogo pins and you'd be sorted.

• Thanks, sounds like it needs more or less exactly 5V.

Right now I'm thinking CR2032 battery holder, 5V step up regulator and some 3d printing. Will see if it is just a crazy idea of mine or I will put something together.

• Yes, it would be possible - but I wouldn't expect you to get too far with a CR2032 I'm afraid - that's only 3v @ 240mAh, so even if it was 100% efficient (it won't be) you'll only get one full watch charge out of it

• Sure, but it should be slim enough to fit between watch and wrist and if needed you can buy CR2032 everywhere. My usage is more the 2 or 3 days in the year where I would like a full day (~8 hours) GPS active.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Extra Battery for BangleJs2

Posted by Avatar for user140377 @user140377

Actions