New year, new watch

Posted on
  • Hi folks, newbie here!

After being a Pebble user for many years (Pebble Steel then Pebble Time Steel) I've decided it's time for a change.

I've been researching replacements over Christmas and kept coming back to the Bangle.js 2. I knew I wanted good battery life and an always on screen but its hackability was too much to resist and I've just placed my order.

I'm not really a coder (not since the '80s anyway!) but this forum looks like a great place for support as I learn. You're definitely a helpful bunch from what I've read and it's great to see Gordon being an active forum contributor. I feel like I'm not just buying a smart watch but joining a community.

All in all, I'm feeling more than a little excited about the arrival of my latest piece of tech and can't wait to start tinkering.

• Hi and welcome! I like my Bangle 2 and I like it here at the forum, hope you will to! 🤠

• Hello! Welcome!
    I also love Pebble watches, although I never had one, but I constantly followed their fate, I liked the concept.
    Now I have the first and second version of Bangle.js watch and it's great!

There are really a lot of smart and passionate people in the Espruino community, I'm glad that I'm part of this community :)

Also I have seen many times how people are helped here with any questions arround Bangle.js :)

• Thanks for the welcome.

• Thanks. I love both my Pebbles but they're getting a bit long in the tooth now so battery life is not what it once was.

• Yes. This is a nice place to hang out, very helpful bunch, expecially for prog fans.
    Welcome. I am sure after a few weeks you will be doing things Close to the Edge.

• Thanks, I see what you did there. :-)

• It's here! Impressively quick delivery I have to say.

I got it working without fuss which is a good start and have installed a suitably Pebble-esque watchface to ease me in gently. Looking forward to further tinkering when I have more time.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New year, new watch

Posted by Avatar for Prog @Prog

Actions