• Heyhey folks, I'm having the following issue:

The watch powered off after being completely out of battery over Christmas and after multiple charging attempts, it doesn't start anymore. The watch is only 5 months old and worked fine so far, so this is weird. The screen is completely black and nothing happens when holding the power button.

What I've tried so far:

• charge overnight, then hold the power button for 2s, 10s, 30s
    • made sure that the power adapter is facing the right direction (right when looking at the watchface, left when contacts are facing up), then charge overnight again, repeat
    • cleaned the contacts, and charge overnight again
    • took off the lil sticker on the back and properly wiped the contacts with alcohol wipes, charged overnight again
    • made sure there's 5v on the charger with multimeter - charger works fine, cleaned the charger pogo pins, charged overnight... yadda yadda, nothing worked, watch ded.
    • watch reads 0.0V on the outer 2 pins
      EDIT:
    • tried the watch jumpstart thing with a 3V battery on pin3 and GND

Context:

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Flo

• Thanks for the tip but sadly that didn't work.

• @Gordon any ideas? If not, how can I do a return/exchange?

• Hi, sorry to hear about that...

If you check the inner 2 pins with a volt meter, what voltage do you see?

Please could you also try warming it up somewhere (maybe to 30-40'C) and charging again? Sometimes what can happen is if the battery runs out when the watch is warm, then when it cools down again the voltage goes even lower and it means it just won't take charge.

But yes, if we can't fix it we can work out an exchange.

• Heyhey @Gordon! Thanks for getting back to me. The inner pins read 1.6mV across.

I've heated the watch to something like that and it's sadly still not charging.
    Sorry for the inconvenience but yeah, IDK what else to do with the battery and why it suddenly died.

• Ok, thanks - yes, I think it's best to arrange a return then. I'll ask Christine to send you an email about arranging it.

Sorry about that issue though - it'll be interesting to see what's at fault with it.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Help - Bangle.js 2: Not starting/charging after discharge

Posted by Avatar for SloFlo @SloFlo

Actions