• Wow, ok - what firmware version were you on before?

I've also tried flashing both the modified firmware you originally uploaded, and the newer one that fanoush uploaded

So you mean even with the noflash builds, you can't get it to stay running without rebooting? If so that sounds like a different issue - please could you take a video of what the boot loop looks like?

... Or if the noflash images do at least boot, it'd be great if you could do me a flash dump so I can see if I can reproduce/fix it here.

• Update! Got annoyed by the screen flashing next to my bed while I was waiting for it to discharge, so I kept looking around for any other ideas (sorry!). Saw some of the same recommendations to upgrade the firmware, and was reminded that there's a cutting-edge build I could try. Pushed through flashing that twice in the web IDE and once through nRF Connect on my android phone and it eventually loaded up alright. I checked the firmware version reported using the "About" app and there's been no issue since (about 30hrs have passed). Haven't reinstalled the "default apps" or had to upgrade the bootloader.

Before this, I was running the most recent stable firmware, which I believe is 2v16?
    Bootloader said 2v15, which I gather is normal as you mentioned (somewhere else?) that the BL and FW dont necessarily have the same version. Rebooting the device now, it still says bootloader 2v15.

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to take video of the loop, but from memory, I was seeing the white screen of the bootloader with the version number, "NO NEW FW" after checking storage(?), and the line "Booting...".
    The backlight would then turn off after a second, and after 5 or so more seconds it would go blank for a few ms and boot back up into the same screen.
    I was able to get into DFU mode just fine by holding the button during boot and releasing during the <====>, and as I've found flashing did work eventually. I was not able to boot without loading code by holding the button longer (tried up to a minute) and at no point was I able to get to the Bangle.js loading screen with the MAC address.

Everything seems alright from my end now, but if you reckon there's anything I can do to help diagnose this in future, I'm able to help (again, sorry for moving forward on this so impatiently).

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started