issue after updating apps (banglejs1)

Posted on
  • Recently i was updating apps from GB Apploader, though i was receiving a messages "...JSON malformed.." i keep updating and some apps were updated but one never completed the process.

Later i began seeing debug messages on watch screen, and graphs overwritten with a wrong position

Now the watch is broken, after checking storage, bootloader and settings are not installed.

It assume that during the update process they were uninstalled but installation step failed. (as i was doing from the phone I didn't realize)

If i try to install "bootloader" i get following message

FW addr 0x0001a168 fail
    Status 0
    Uncaught Error: File already written with different data
    at line 1 col 1426
    ...xlPDAuMimrO2cucw=="),0,4945);;p(24);B­luetooth.println("OK")..
    FW addr 0x0001a168 fail
    Status 0
    at line 1 col 881
    ...tvu1lplpud0soA==")),0,18826);;p(5);Bl­uetooth.println("OK")...

but installing other apps also fail

FW addr 0x0001a168 fail
    Status 0
    at line 1 col 1424
    ...xib29zdHw0NSxpbg=="),0,2620);;p(16);B­luetooth.println("OK")...

Any alternative to earease.all and reinstall basic/default apps?
    I see that "install default apps" implies a removal for all apps. (i don't mind but i was not expecting it)

• What firmware version do you have on the watch?

FW addr 0x0001a168 fail

This means that there's been an error writing to flash memory. Potentially something got corrupted at the end of flash with an earlier firmware version and you just hit it.

I would suggest:

• App Loader -> More -> Backup - and try and get a zip of all the stuff on your Bangle
    • App Loader -> More -> Remove All Apps
    • App Loader -> More -> Restore and upload the zip you had before
    • App Loader -> More -> Reinstall Apps

You might have to reinstall bootloader, settings, etc - but that should let you keep whatever files were left on your Bangle.

• When it happened I had fw 2v16, even I though that issue could be related to any the version of app but it was't.

Anyway, since yesterday i don't have the issue, as after clicking on " install default apps" the watch start working and i reinstalled apps again without problems.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

issue after updating apps (banglejs1)

Posted by Avatar for dapgo @dapgo

Actions