You are reading a single comment by @glemco and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Are they needed for clkinfofw.

As you say, the intervals are not needed, but I think this.emit("redraw"); is a good idea, since I don't believe we're always redrawing right after calling .show (just in case clockinfos can't get the data immediately)

@glemco that's an interesting one though - maybe there are some clockinfos that don't do that

• By the way, I'm not quite sure I fully understand the use of show (as it is right now).
    Clocks are supposed to call show, most of the times emitting a redraw, which eventually clocks are handling (on) while drawing. Isn't this equivalent to just calling a redraw on the first place (assuming no one else emits another redraw, which is the case for some clkinfos, like calendar date and battery).

If I understood correctly, the simple this.emit("redraw"); lets the clock decide when to update (in a convoluted but standard way), while other ways can force redrawing on some events or timers. Am I missing something?

About

Avatar for glemco @glemco started