gadgetbridge notifications (debug and real apps)

Posted on
  • I don't know if there is a reason to display notification from GB Debug in a different way than those from real apps.
    At the moment when notifications come from Debug:

• font size is always the same (big) independently of the number of lines
    • header is shown different
    • text can go out of the content area and overlay widget areas

See the photos with multi line messages
    photo1. a test from Debug
    photo2. a real notification (it is not recent, so maybe the text distribution has been improved)

3 Attachments

• notif_GBdebug_8lines.jpg
    • Banglejs Gadgetbridge.jpg
    • 20221015_134149.jpg
  • I think they both behave the same way - maybe what you're seeing is that when it tries to figure out the font size it looks at the width of the text string supplied - and if you send:

then the width is actually very small. I am a bit surprised it didn't crop the text lines - and actually looking at the code it only does this if the string width is greater than a certain amount (I guess it shouldn't).

I guess the question is: has this ever been a problem in real life, or is it just when using the debug tool with that particular set of text?

• The duplicated thread with better pics (smaller size) has been the removed one.

Anyway it was a false alarm, but that's true that i expected the same size and horizontal/vertical centered independently of length of the string.

On the other hand, what is the expect app to display in bangle.js for a debug notification?
    Currently it shows "Bangle.js gadgetbridge" or the fake app selected from the debug dropdown list, a even i would propose a 3rd option "Debug: %app%" so "Debug: Whatsapp"

But also it is not a real life problem, so it is just a curiosity :D

• Ahh, sorry - I didn't know which one to remove...

what is the expect app to display in bangle.js for a debug notification? Currently it shows "Bangle.js gadgetbridge"

I think that's expected. Gadgetbridge debug is really just to test things work ok. If you really want to debug you can connect with the IDE and issue a command manually: http://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge#mesĀ­sages-sent-to-bangle-js-from-phone

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

gadgetbridge notifications (debug and real apps)

Posted by Avatar for dapgo @dapgo

Actions