You are reading a single comment by @Ganblejs and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, exactly, it's usually quite easy. I guess maybe it would be possible to use the Github API to dig out who the authors were in an easy way? Or maybe there's a page I could just link to as I know GitHub lists icons for the top authors at the top of the directory list usually.

I know that GIT has this feature. But to see it in the app loader would be just much more convenient. And if I do a quick patch I don't want to appear as the maintainer.
    I'd be ok with an optional field in the json. That way a maintainer also can intentionally set an app as "free to take over" for any other user because he doesn't want to maintain it anymore.
    The patch approach is very interesting, but I also doubt the user would understand.

I just want to encourage developers to get in contact with each other before they just make a new fork to implement a small feature that could have been an option in the settings :)
    Making a fork is very easy - implementing a feature to other developers apps is more a communication thing some people might just want to skip.

• Maybe a suggestion/instruction somwhere (the wiki/one of the guides?) about ideal ways to imlement small/big changes to existing apps regarding collaborating on the one app vs. forking. I think it's easy to @tag previous contributors either with a question or just as fyi kind of thing.

Not saying the maintainer idea is a bad one - but it's one more thing to keep track of.

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started