• @Raik sorry to hear that - do you still have the tap over the middle two pads?

Also, have you tried a different USB charger? I've had a few cases where users have had problems like that then they changed their charger and it was fine (I think some chargers require some resistance across the middle two pins or they never provide any real current).

@Max_S I've contacted the manufacturer and they've added extra testing steps during watch assembly to ensure that the button PCB is seated properly and that the gromits for waterproofing are in there and lubricated. After the initial KickStarter batch there really haven't been many button failures at all - most of the rest appear to be water damage.

The issue is that 90% of all failures I come across get reported publicly on the forum. Around 6000 watches have shipped so far, and regardless of how good quality a device is there will always be some failures especially on a device that is worn every day.

Right now we're seeing well under 2% failure rate, which as far as I can tell is actually quite good for something like this (of course someone like Apple would never publish any stats). The problem is you go to a thread like this and see a bunch of reports, and because I'm trying to be open with what I do, I don't delete them :)

• do you still have the tap over the middle two pads?

Also, have you tried a different USB charger?

I pealed off the sticker for testing purposes but to no avail. I tried several charges, all of which worked just fine with the previous Bangle2. Still no luck. I probed the outer pins with my bench power supply, the watch does not draw any current. :-(

The battery has completely drained now and I can't get the watch running again. I even tried the jump start method mentioned here.

I guess luck is not on my side...

About