• I seem to have tightened my nylon fabric band too much and one of the pegs (?) broke for me today. I still have the small piece that came off so I'll try to glue it back and see if it can handle any load again.

EDIT: It also seems like the sprint in my band didn't extend fully into the hole of the peg, instead sitting a bit shallow which meant higher pressure/stress on the area that had to handle the force. If I had used a longer sprint I don't think it would have been broken.

EDIT2: I glued (super glue) the small small piece back a couple months ago. It's been sitting sturdily since then. I didn't manage to fit it perfectly in place, but the result was satisfactory.

EDIT3: It just broke off at the glue joint. Will glue again. Next time I'll try adding some melted lego plastic instead.

EDIT4: I accidentally hit the watch when trying to pull start a motor scythe and the glue joint broke again. I've now melted plastic from a black lego piece and used a dremel to shape the end result. I left a little more material than the original finish had, without making it too bulky.

For now it seems to be pretty durable - I'll report back if it breaks. I don't know, but it feels like the added plastic might be more brittle from having been melted. The soldering iron I used didn't have very good regulation of temperature.

See attached pictures.

2 Attachments

• DSC_0404.JPG
    • DSC_0405.JPG
About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started