Puck rebooting in RF isolation environment

Posted on
  • Hi everyone, I have been using the Puck for a while now as part of my research and I have run into some very, very weird behavior recently. I am trying to do some tests where I put the Puck in an RF isolation box (Ramsey) so I can isolate the signals coming from it and for some reason it just refuses to work.

If I load a program onto the Puck, it works completely fine until the second I close the lid on the RF box and then it appears to reboot continuously until I open the lid, then it happily goes back to running the program that was in flash memory.

I have attached a video showing this happen. I loaded a program that just blinks the green LED when the button is pressed. The red light is, I believe the Puck rebooting? It keeps doing that indefinitely if I keep it in the box.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening or what I could do to fix it?

1 Attachment

• Figured it out. The gloves were actually shorting out the Puck. They are extremely conductive I guess. When I put it in the housing it worked fine.

• :) Great! Glad it was something simple! it sounded like a particularly strange problem!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Puck rebooting in RF isolation environment

Posted by Avatar for Cryptizard @Cryptizard

Actions