You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi! I've just added an option to the app loader that allows it to send some very basic usage stats back to the banglejs.com server. It's under the More... tab and currently defaults of 'Off':

Send app analytics to banglejs.com (apps installed, favourites, firmware version)

I've tried to implement this in the most privacy-focused way I can. An internal serial number on the Bangle is hashed with the MAC address and a single 32 bit number is returned to the app loader, and that is used to identify the installed apps. There's no way of figuring out a Bangle's MAC address from that number, and even if there was the number is sent to the server securely.

I'd really appreciate it if everyone that's happy to would enable it in their app loader. Then I can build up enough data that I can get the server to create a list of app popularity, and we can expose that in the app loader - letting users see which apps are used (as well as which are liked).

Hopefully it'll be a big benefit not just for users, but also for developers who can then see how much their apps are used and get a bit of motivation :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started