• Hi - just an update on this. LTT won't be featuring the Bangle - Linus did try it for a day or two (as you noticed!) but he found it too hard to use and buggy and so doesn't want to review it.

So close!

It's a bit of an eye-opener though - it feels like we go through phases of pushing for specific features (eg improving lunch time, configurable keyboards, messages, etc) and honestly probably the best thing we could do is to really focus on the experience for new users.

• It is a pity that the BJS2 watch is not tested by Anthony Young from the LTT team, because he is more geeky and technically advanced.

That's right, for most users, BJS watch should be as friendly as possible right out of the box, and advanced users can always customize the watch for themselves.

A simple case: let's say I'm not a technical user with an iPhone, I took the watch out of the box, and what's next? Where are the applications? That is, I have to google to understand that I cannot install apps from the browser, that I still need to buy an additional application just to install something on my watch. Full support only for android users, given that there are quite a lot of users with an iPhone, and it is not known whether there will be an analogue of GadgetBridge at all? Is popularization possible without full support for both platforms?

There are some things that are not obvious, for example, I have to disconnect the bluetooth every time to install something from the BJS app store.

Perhaps if the watch came with a booklet for use and settings, it would be a little easier for non-technical users to master? Since after setting the clock becomes much better than those that go by default, it’s hard to understand in a few days.

Perhaps we need a separate thread where we will to discuss such problems, if there is a desire to expand the audience. I don't want watches to be just for geeks, on the contrary, it would be nice if the number of owners became more :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started