• Hello,

i'm new with bluetooth.
    i would like to connect a rotary encoder to an ipad or an android phone and use the rotation in a web app.

i'm able to connect the rotary and a pico board to an html page trough the HID feature on my computer.
    but now i would like to communicate to a smart thing (small screen,,,) device via BT.

Which board do i need to do that, is BT, the good solution ?
    Please advice me.

regards

éric

ps: @Gordon there is only one unpinned pico board in stock in the shop! really?

• ok nobody want helps?

is the Module MDBT42Q Breakout is enough to start?
    convert it as a bluetooth HID like a keyboard?
    i read some post about that.
    if the device (the breakout) is detected as an hid bluetooth by the os, the html page doesn't have to detect an hid!? it's a keypress detected, no more.

é.

• Hi - sorry for the delay - I was at a conference most of last week so didn't get a chance to catch up on the forum.

For BLE HID you just need one of the Bluetooth Espruino devices - the most pico-like is the MDBT42Q breakout as you suggest.

Then all you need is the code at https://www.espruino.com/BLE+Keyboard

if the device (the breakout) is detected as an hid bluetooth by the os, the html page doesn't have to detect an hid!? it's a keypress detected, no more.

Exactly yes, once programmed the OS just thinks it's a bluetooth keyboard - no drivers or special code needed.

@Gordon there is only one unpinned pico board in stock in the shop! really?

Yes - we're running low on stock. I can't make any more at the moment because the chips are still not easily available. For example: https://octopart.com/search?q=stm32f401c­du6&specs=1

The cheapest one in stock there is $25 - more than I am currently selling the Pico for!

• Thanks @Gordon .
    i bought at lextronic french reseller (with more stock) sorry for that, i prefer buying on your shop)
    i bought an MDBT42Q breakout to try and some pico cause i love form factor.
    next week it's holliday and have some time to play with

best regards
    é.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

connecting a rotary encoder to a tablet through bluetooth