• I can't seem to make it work with switching between clock and launcher if just installing via app loader.

What doesn't work that you expect to work?

I'd be really interested to hear timings too - it can have a reasonably big effect not having to reload everything between apps, but it does need the apps to be built in such a way that it can be done (eg allowing themselves to be 'unloaded', and having all apps use widgets) or you'll end up with memory leaks or strange behaviour...

Rather than building apps together, there would be ways to do this directly. For instance an app could define an unload function. And if that function existed then Bangle.showLauncher() could just call unload() and then load up the launcher without going through the whole reset process.

• What doesn't work that you expect to work?

If I install via the app loader I'm not able to swipe left/right to move back and forth between clock and launcher, but when uploading via web ide I am. (It never works when opening it from my usual launcher, even when having overwritten the app code via the web ide)

EDIT:

I'd be really interested to hear timings too

I recorded a video (attached) of me:

1. uploading the clocknlauncher app.js-code to clocknlaunch.app.js via app loader.
    2. swiping to move between clock and launcher.
    3. Long pressing physical button to load the original BW Clock.
    4. Pressing physical button to load Desktop Launcher and BW Clock respectively.

Btw, I'm in favor of the unload functionality you propose if it's not self evident (without completely understanding it :p). Could there be a variable you set in Bangle.setUI() similar to how "clock : 1" is set, so maybe "unload : 1", to indicate the app is "unload-compatible"? This way it would not be mandatory to update every app (?!) for them to continue working even after adding "unload-functionality"...

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started