GB battery warning

Posted on
  • GB warns me at 30% battery level. I like the warning, but as the watch power management is so efficient, i feel there is more room. So, could you consider to implement an option to set this level to also e.g. 15%? Also the phone vibrates from time to time. Very nagging. I would really appreciate an opinion to turn that repetive vibration off.
    Edit: this might be due to battery level varies between e.g. 31% and 29% back and forth.

Or have i missed that somewhere in the settings?

• Could a function sitting between the current battery handling and us users be introduced that receives all the battery info updates, but only pass on values if it's lower than any of the previous values that the current battery handling sent out?

• Edit: this might be due to battery level varies between e.g. 31% and 29% back and forth.

Yes, I think that's it.

Could a function sitting between the current battery handling and us users be introduced that receives all the battery info updates, but only pass on values if it's lower than any of the previous values that the current battery handling sent out?

Yes, this was discussed being done internally in Bangle.js, but actually it could be a bit confusing to users. I think this is something we should definitely fix in the Gadgetbridge app though and I've just made some changes at https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/pulls/2870

So hopefully soon a new Gadgetbridge release will fix this

• Sorry for necroing this post, but I did not want to start a new thread, given this is also my issue.
    Specifically the repeated warning of the battery being low, when I am not at home to charge my watch I have to disable bluetooth or turn the watch off because otherwise I will throw it against a wall. I have not yet found a way to just turn the warning off, or set it so it only warns me once. I love this watch so much but this specific issue is driving me up a wall.

• I have two suggestions:

• Long press the Gadgetbridge notification in the notification curtain in android. Click the gear icon. Toggle off "Low battery".
    • And/or install the Power Manager app on the watch, and configure how battery level is reported (I'm not sure this impacts Gadgetbridge though).
  • I really thought we did something to handle this already: https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/src/branch/master/app/src/main/­java/nodomain/freeyourgadget/gadgetbridg­e/service/devices/banglejs/BangleJSDevic­eSupport.java#L590-L596

Is your Gadgetbridge version up to date? Maybe it's just old and doesn't have that fix in.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

GB battery warning

Posted by Avatar for Hank @Hank

Actions