• Hi,

Sorry to hear it's stopped working - that's amazingly strange behaviour. I haven't seen anything like that before!

While some of the garbling you see there could be a bad connection to the screen (maybe the connector came off partially in transit) the screen itself should only be capable of displaying 8 colors (no greyscale) so the fact you seem to be seeing a pretty convincing grey on there is itself a bit of a worry!

Apart from it being a complete hardware failure (in which case of course we'd replace it for you) there's a small chance that the LCD hardware itself has experienced a 'lock up' (I've seen LCDs turn on 'inverted' in the past, but not this!).

Unfortunately LCD power is connected straight to the battery, so the only way to power cycle it is to flatten the battery. Please could you:

• Hold the button down for around 10 seconds. This should be enough to cause the watch to reboot, exit the bootloader, and boot back into Espruino with the button still held, which will stop it loading any code or any of your saved settings
    • You should now be able to go to https://www.espruino.com/ide/ on your laptop and connect (top left)
    • Now paste the following into the left-hand side:

Bangle.setLCDTimeout(0);
      Bangle.setLCDPower(1);
      if (Bangle.setGPSPower) Bangle.setGPSPower(1,"flat");
      if (Bangle.setHRMPower) Bangle.setHRMPower(1,"flat");
      if (Bangle.setCompassPower) Bangle.setCompassPower(1,"flat");
      if (Bangle.setBarometerPower) Bangle.setBarometerPower(1,"flat");
      if (Bangle.setHRMPower) Bangle.setGPSPower(1,"flat");
      setInterval(function() { var i=1000;while (i--); }, 1);

This should turn pretty much everything on in the Bangle and will hopefully flatten its battery in a few hours.

Then after it turns off, put it on charge (don't turn it on yet) for a few hours, and then try and restart it. And fingers crossed it might work again after that

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started