.fit and heart rate zones in Golden Cheetah

Posted on
  • Is anyone using Golden Cheetah program to monitor their results ?
    I was using this software before Banglejs with a Garmin forerunner 220, which records .fit files. It's a proprietary type of file, but I've read that it's well documented. Anyway, with the Garmin files, it was giving me % of time spent in each heart rate zone. With the banglejs, it doesn't, as can be seen in the picture below. Why is that ? Does it have it do with the gpx format ? Shoulud I tweak Golden Cheetah ? The heart rate being recorded every second on every run, I should be able to get that info.

1 Attachment

• golden cheetah.png
  • Maybe someone else will be able to help - I'm not sure...

but if the '.fit' format is well documented then it would probably be pretty easy to add it as another format that the 'recorder' app can export to

• I have to add that the Garmin watch knows my heart rate zones, because I've set them up. So I suspect it exports some extra bits of sorted out data in its .fit files that then appear in Golden Cheetah. My idea was that it would be great if the .gpx format included this too.
    Maybe I'll ask on Golden Cheetah's forum, but I feel like here's the best place to ask and also to report.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

.fit and heart rate zones in Golden Cheetah

Posted by Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher

Actions