You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Could this be what is triggering the garbage collection?

Maybe - could you try cutting edge builds and see if that helps though. I imagine the MEMORY_BUSY stuff will go away.

FIFO_FULL happens when more data comes in than Bangle.js can handle - and in fact the issue may just be (without flow control) that you have a clock face that takes a long time to update. If it drew faster Bangle.js would be able to handle the data at the rate it comes in.

I wonder if we could improve the transfer efficiency for APIs with JSON responses

Yes. Personally I think the best solution there is really just to implement an XPath for JSON, inside Gadgetbridge. I believe there is a 'JSPath' implementation that could be pulled in - it seems crazy to send 20k of data over bluetooth when realistically all you care about is maybe 40 bytes of data.

• realistically all you care about is maybe 40 bytes of data

In my case, I need, if efficiently packed before being sent to the watch, about 400 bytes, representing 48 hours of weather data.

I think in an ideal world, I would have a small program on the phone side (perhaps an embedded Espruino interpreter?) that handles the packing of that data, and then forwards the 400 bytes back to the watch. I think this is basically what "pebblekit for javascript" was designed for, though I don't think anything like that is implemented currently in gadgetbridge?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started