• Do you really need to send barcodes from Android to Bangle each time a user wants to show a barcode in a store?

Well, it seems like the best user experience as it allows you to keep managing your loyalty cards on your phone instead of having to duplicate the cards you care about.

Maybe you want to do something with http-requests? There's some info about that here as well.

That is an option, but intents are the more "native Android" option. With intents I wouldn't have to have a long-running webserver process and Android natively supports shielding intents behind permissions so only apps you've given the relevant custom permission can call the intent (Gadgetbridge would be one of those apps).

Sending intents from android to Bangle.js is possible.

Thanks, I had trouble finding anything like this in the documentation. So, com.banglejs.uart.tx it is. I suppose I could send an intent with a "callback intent name", so non-Bangle.js watches could easily relate to their intent.

This could work, thank you :) Lot of work and I have other tasks to complete first, but I have a route to explore now :)

• Do you really need to send barcodes from Android to Bangle each time a user wants to show a barcode in a store?

Well, it seems like the best user experience as it allows you to keep managing your loyalty cards on your phone instead of having to duplicate the cards you care about.

Sending bitmaps via BLE each time may be not a best way to do it.
    Barcodes are basically 1 row of pixels expanded vertically. I would send 1 row bitmap and then expand it in Bangle JS. 176/8 will be just 12 bytes.

About