Auto reconnect - Bangle 2 – iPhone

Posted on
  • Hi,
    Often my Bangle–iPhone BT connection is dropped when I move out of range without both of them with me. That's fine.
    Is there a way for the connection automatically to repair when the two are brought within range again? Currently, they stay disconnected until I physically reconnect them via the iPhone settings.
    Thanks.

• it can be done two ways.

1. NRF.on('disconnect', my_reconnect_fun);

2. using interval like 10s

for interval approach my_reconnect_fun() should include checking connection, like if(!gatt.connected)...

• @Mark_M I'm not sure that will help too much here, since we're talking about the iPhone connecting to the Bangle (not a connection from the Bangle). It's up to the iPhone to choose to connect.

Is there a way for the connection automatically to repair when the two are brought within range again?

It should really repair automatically. Do you definitely have the iOS app installed on the Bangle? And you'd paired from the iOS pairing settings after it was installed? At least here, when that happens iOS seems to automatically reconnect whenever it sees the Bangle.

• [Update: the deletion and reinstallation seems to have solved this!]

Thanks, @Gordon.

Yep, iOS app installed and paired, but I just deleted, reinstalled, forgot, and re-paired, so I'll see how that works out.

I'll report back.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Auto reconnect - Bangle 2 – iPhone

Posted by Avatar for ajkm @ajkm

Actions