• Hello Gordon, I was always a fan of the first BangleJS but didn't like the form factor and missed a touch screen.
    When you launched BangleJS2 via Kickstarter, I immediately ordered one and was not disappointed. This is the smartwatch of my dreams: long lasting battery, GPS onboard, touchscreen, and an open source appstore. So first of all: Thank you very much for making this dream coming true 🥰🤩🤗
    My second thanks goes to the community for their effort to create more than 300 apps after a couple of months and a still growing number of apps to come.

I'd like to ask if there is any plan to publish the BangleJS flavored Gadgetbridge Android App in the F-Droid store? I don't use the google play store and would prefer using a f-droid repo over sideloading the app. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about that in the forums or in the blog.
    If I can support you, I would be happy to help, but unfortunately I'm the worst hacker I know and have absolutely no programming skills but am willing to learn.
    Kind regards
    Rene

• There were a few posts about this (buried in this thread)

The current status is this:

• I've opened a PR for F-Droid.
    • Building the Bangle.js flavored apk for F-Droid works fine
    • The Gadgetbridge repo needs some changes to make F-Droid find the correct metadata (description/title/etc), which this PR adds
    • F-Droid looks (I think...) at the latest release, so won't pick up those changes until Gadgetbridge tags a new version.

So these things should hopefully happen Soonish:

1. Merging of the Gadgetbridge PR
    2. New Gadgetbridge release (after which F-Droid should find the updated metadata)
    3. Merging of the F-Droid PR
    4. Bangle.js flavored Gadgetbridge available in F-Droid store!
  • That sounds great, thanks for the hint to the other thread.
    Unfortunately, I didn't find that thread via the forum search, so please excuse this additional thread. This thread can be closed now!

• It happened: the Android companion app is now available on F-Droid!

• Excellent - thanks for all your work on this! I'll update the http://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge docs - but let me know if you think it should be referenced elsewhere

• This is simply awesome! Thank you so much for your work and all kudos to the community and especially to @Gordon for this incredible product. I still makes me smile every day I use it.

• Wow, great! Back at last to not needing any apps from the play store :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Are you planning to release the BangleJS Gadgetbridge Version on F-droid?

Posted by Avatar for ShizzleOfNith @ShizzleOfNith

Actions