You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks! Github sponsors is interesting... It seems Micropython is doing extremely well out of that: https://github.com/sponsors/micropython

... but that may be more a side-effect of the way micropython seems to be built into a lot more stuff.

I do have a sponsor link set up on GitHub that goes to Patreon, but I'm not using Github's own system. As we were talking about above really, I've just got so many different things set up already it's pretty hard to keep track. Obviously if it'd bring in a bunch of donations that's great, but I wonder whether enough people would use GitHub but not Patreon to make it worthwhile... (obviously not paying a bunch of platform fees would be nice though!)

• I'm embarrassed by the over 20% extra tax on my donations on Patreon. I don't understand why the donation should be taxed at all? There should be a minimum platform commission and that's it.

Therefore, in addition to Patreon, I would prefer another convenient way to donate, but without a large commission. I would try Github sponsors or some kind of cryptocurrency.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started